McCann Healthy Heart-Healthy Mind Event
Pottsville, PA (1/26/17) – The Pottsville Campus of McCann School of Business & Technology is hosting a Healthy Heart-Healthy Mind Event on Thursday, February 2, 2017 from 12pm until 6pm. The event, which is free and open to the public, is designed to highlight Allied Health careers including: Medical Assisting, Phlebotomist, Office Technology – Medical and Professional Massage Therapy.
In addition to campus tours, the event will include a full slate of guest speakers and events. The events are as follows:
- 9-10am- Acupuncture demonstration with Krysta Essler, Acupuncturist
- 12-1pm- FREE Yoga class with Michele D’Agostino, Yoga Instructor
- 12-6pm- Blood drive with Geisinger Blood Mobile
- 12-6pm- Smoking cessation presentations with Frankie Potylycki, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- 12-6pm- FREE chair massages, blood pressure screenings, blood glucose screenings, & BMI assessments provided by McCann Students
- 5-6pm- Nutrition presentation with Heather Schollenberger, Nutritionist
Joan Breslin, from Schuylkill Transportation System, will be on site to share information on STS Smart Card, reloadable bus passes which are being launched on February 1st.
“This event is a great opportunity for the public and our students to learn more about Allied Health careers and experience a variety of new pathways toward healthy living. It also gives McCann students an opportunity to apply their newly acquired skills as well as to give back to the local community with a blood drive,” said Shannon Brennan, Campus Director.
McCann School of Business & Technology provides career training in fields such as Healthcare, Business, Beauty & Wellness, Technology, Skilled Trades and Legal & Protective Services. The mission of McCann is to prepare students for career-focused employment by delivering relevant career training. Please visit us online at www.mccann.edu for more information. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, please visit Disclosure.McCann.edu.